Contact Antony Nyombi
Antony graduated with an MSc in Forensics in 2014 from Cranfield University. He is now a 3rd year PhD student.
Antony's research focuses on minimising Carbon monoxide from solid fuel combustion.
To accomplish this, Antony is involved in the following activities;
- # Investigating the chemistry of CO release from solid fuels
- # Catalysis of CO to neutral or less harmful products
- # Phase changes to CO
- # Managing CO in confined environments.
Antony's full details can be accessed here Antony Nyombi in Mahara.
Articles In Journals
- Nyombi A, Williams MR & Wessling R (2019) Catalytic effects on the nonisothermal oxidation of solid fuels by oxygen: an experimental study, Energy and Fuels, Available online 24 September 2019. Dataset/s: 10.1021/acs.energyfuels.9b02514/suppl_file/ef9b02514_si_001.pdf
- Nyombi A, Williams MR & Wessling R (2019) Toxic emissions from smouldering combustion of woody biomass and derived char with a case study of CO build-up in an ISO container, Energy Sources Part A Recovery, Utilisation and Environmental Effects, Available online 30 May 2019.
- Nyombi A, Williams RM & Wessling R (2019) Reactivity and free radical chemistry of lilac (Syringa vulgaris) charcoal, Energy and Fuels, 33 (2) 1227-1235.
- Nyombi A, Williams M. R & Wessling R (2018) Mechanical impregnation of Pd-Sn/alumina and Cu-Mn/graphite on charcoal to minimise carbon monoxide emissions, Chemical Physics Letters, Early online. Dataset/s: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cplett.2018.11.041
- Nyombi A, Williams M & Wessling R (2018) Determination of Kinetic Parameters and Thermodynamic Properties for Ash (Fraxinus) Wood Sawdust Slow Pyrolysis by Thermogravimetric Analysis, Energy Sources Part A Recovery, Utilisation and Environmental Effects, 2018 (22).
- Emmanuel Kaye, Antony Nyombi & Innocent Louis Mutambuze and Ruth Muwesa (2015) Mancozeb Residue on Tomatoes in Central Uganda, Journal of Health and Pollution, 5 (8) 1-6. Dataset/s: 10.5696/i2156-9614-5-8.1
- Lane DW, Nyombi A & Shackel J (2014) Energy-dispersive X-ray diffraction mapping on a benchtop X-ray fluorescence system, Journal of Applied Crystallography, 47 (2) 488-494.
- Nyombi A, Williams MR & Wessling R (2018) Minimising CO from Charcoal by impregnating with Pd-Sn/Al2O3 and Cu-Mn2O4/C. In: 37th International Symposium on Combustion, The Convention Centre - Dublin, 29 July - 3 August 2018.
- Nyombi A, Williams RM & Wessling R (2017) When is Carbon monoxide most dangerous: Safety concerns at Festivals. In: All-Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group Meeting, Portcullis House - London, 11 January 2017. Dataset/s: https://doi.org/10.17862/cranfield.rd.6814571