Contact Antoinette Caird-Daley
Antoinette is a Chartered
and Registered Occupational Psychologist in the Centre for Electronic Warfare,
Information and Cyber. She has 15 years of
experience in applying psychology to the world of work in the areas of cyber
security; defence training; aircraft passenger safety; manufacturing; and driving.
Antoinette is a Chartered member of the British Psychological Society (BPS), a full member of the Society’s Division of Occupational Psychology, and a member of the Society’s Sections on Cyberpsychology and Defence and Security. She is also a registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) as an Occupational Psychologist.
Antoinette holds a first class honours degree in Psychology awarded by The Open University and an MSc in Applied [Occupational] Psychology awarded by Cranfield University, and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Prior to joining the Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information and Cyber, Antoinette worked in Cranfield's School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing (SATM). Her focus was on defence training (design, delivery and evaluation); simulation; serious games; decision-making; cognitive skills capture; human performance and error; inclusive design; aircraft passenger safety; and driver behaviour. She was a member of the Engineering and Aerospace faculty board, and vice chair of the Science and Engineering Research Ethics Committee (SEREC).
Antoinette supervises students who are undertaking research studies in the area of the human dimensions of cyber with a particular interest in human performance and error, user-engagement, culture, trust, ethics, training and behaviour change.
Antoinette leads modules on the Human Dimensions of Cyber; dissertations; and research methods for the MSc courses in Cyber Defence and Information Assurance; Cyber Operations, and Information Capability Management, which make up the DDCMP. She also teaches on three further MSc courses. Her teaching subject matter expertise covers occupational, cognitive and applied psychology; training and evaluation; qualitative research methods; and research design.
Antoinette was recently awarded a Cranfield Teaching Fellowship to explore the use of Transactional Analysis to enhance inter-personal communications in Cranfield Defence and Security postgraduate classrooms and supervision teaching contexts.
In addition, Antoinette undertakes consultancy for the Cranfield School of Management’s Career Development Service, supporting their MBA and Exec MBA Assessment Centres. She is a Co-ordinating Supervisor for the BPS’s Qualification in Occupational Psychology (QOP).
Antoinette supports the Cranfield University Research Ethics Committee (CUREC).
- ESRC funded Centre for Research and Evidence on Security Threats (CREST)
- EPSRC funded Centre for Intelligent Automation
- UK Ministry of Defence funded Human Factors Integration Defence Technology Centre (HFI DTC); Defence Human Capability Science and Technology Centre (DHCSTC); and the Human and Social Science Research Capability (HSSRC).
- BAE Systems
- The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB)
- Transport Canada
- EU Leonardo da Vinci
Articles In Journals
- Everitt J, Fletcher S & Caird-Daley A (2015) Task analysis of discrete and continuous skills: a dual methodology approach to human skills capture for automation, Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science, 16 (5) 513-532.
- Stanton NA, Rafferty LA, Salmon PM, Revell KMA, McMaster R, Caird-Daley A & Cooper Chapman C (2010) Distributed decision making in multihelicopter teams: case study of mission planning and execution for a noncombatant evacuation operation training scenario, Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making, 4 (4) 328-353.
- Stone R, Caird-Daley A & Bessell K (2009) SubSafe: A games-based training system for submarine safety and spatial awareness (Part 1), Virtual Reality, 13 (1) 3-12.
- Caird-Daley A, Fletcher SR & Baker W (2013) Automating Human Skills: Preliminary Development of a Human Factors Methodology to Capture Tacit Cognitive Skills. In: Advances in manufacturing technology XXVII : proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Manufacturing Research, 2013, Cranfield, 19 September 2013.
- Stone RJ, Caird-Daley A & Bessell K (2010) Human factors evaluation of a submarine spatial awareness training tool. In: International Conference on 'Human Performance at Sea' HPAS 2010, Strathyclyde University, 16 June 2010.
- Stone RJ & Caird-Daley A (2009) Submarine safety and spatial awareness: the games-based training system. In: Annual Conference of the Ergonomics Society , Royal College of Physicians, London, 22 April 2009.