Areas of expertise
- Aviation Management & Operations
- Mr Foster is an experienced aviation professional who holds a Degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the University of Bath
- Mr Foster spent seven years working for British Aerospace Regional Aircraft supporting the sales of aircraft to airlines in Europe, Asia and Australasia. Mr Foster carried out technical performance and cost analyses of competing aircraft
- Mr Foster went on to become involved in aviation consultancy projects with a number of companies including new passenger and cargo airline operations and ground handling equipment study. He was also involved in a fleet plan for Middle East Airlines.
- Mr Foster went on to work for OAG as a Marketing Manager and was involved in the launch of a new aviation data product to potential users.
- Mr Foster joined Cranfield University in 1999 as a Lecturer in Air Transport, progressing on to become Course Director for the MSc in Air Transport Management in 2005 and Senior Lecturer in 2007.
- Mr Foster is currently teaching on full and part time MSc in Air Transport Management on Air Transport Operations and Airline Fleet Planning.
- Mr Foster also runs sessions as part of CPD courses
- Mr Foster is looking to develop courses for aviation clients
- Previous clients :
- Birmingham Airport
- Copenhagen Airports
- City of Derry Council
- European Commission
- Department for Trade and Industry
- Highlands and Islands Airports
- Vienna Airports
- Foster A (2010) A Replacement Sub-20 Seat Aircraft for Remoter Regions Operations. In: Air Transport Provision in Remoter Regions. Williams G, Brathen S (ed.), Farnham: Ashgate, p. 291-309, ed. 1.