The Indonesian Education Scholarship (BPI) for master's and doctoral programmes is an award funded by the Indonesian Government through the use of the National Trust for Education Development (DPPN). It is managed by LPDP to finance higher education postgraduate courses in higher education in Indonesian or overseas institutions.
The scholarships are open to Indonesian citizens with excellent academic achievement and strong leadership qualities who wish to continue their studies with master's or doctoral programmes in top universities, either in similar or different fields from the ones previously studied.
At a glance
- Funding valueFull tuition fees and all other associated costs
- Suitable for Applicants fromRest of World
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)Indonesian Government
What it covers
- Registration Funds
- SPP funds
- Book Allowance Fund
- Thesis / Dissertation Research Assistance Fund
- International Seminar Aid
- International Journal Publication Grant Aid
2. Supporting fees:
- Transportation Fund
- Permit Visa / Residence Application Funds
- Health Insurance Fund
- Monthly Living Funds
- Arrival Funds
- Family Allowance Fund (Doctoral Only)
- Emergency Fund
Who can apply
The list must meet the registration requirements as follows:
- Indonesian citizens;
- Has completed four diploma (D4) or undergraduate (S1), or master's (S2) diploma programs with the following conditions:
- P in tertiary education institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Higher Education (BAN-PT),
- P in tertiary education institutions in the country, or
- P erguruan foreign higher recognized by the Ministry of Research Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia or the Indonesian Embassy in the country of origin of the college.
- Not on (on going) or have taken a degree or non degree study of a master's program (for applicants of master's programs) or doctoral degrees (for applicants of doctoral programs) either in domestic tertiary institutions or overseas tertiary institutions.
- Attach a permit to follow the selection of the unit in charge of human resources for those who are working ( format can be downloaded in the registration application in the document upload section);
- Attach a health certificate with a validity period of no more than 6 (six) months from the date of issuance until the closing date of registration of each period, with the following conditions:
- Certificate of physical health issued by doctors from hospitals / health centers / clinics;
- Certificate of freedom from drugs issued by doctors from hospitals / health centers / clinics / agencies / institutions that are given authority to test drug substances;
- Free Certificate of TB issued by a doctor from a Hospital / Puskesmas / Clinic, specifically for registrants with the aim of overseas universities;
- Attach a recommendation letter from the leader, figure or expert in his field ( format can be downloaded in the registration application in the document upload section );
- Select study programs and Higher Education Objectives that are in accordance with LPDP regulations;
- Have a Cumulative Achievement Index (GPA) in accordance with the provisions stipulated in the special requirements for scholarship registration ;
- Meet the language requirements in accordance with the conditions specified in the scholarship registration special requirements ;
Regular Scholarship Registrants must meet the following special requirements:
- Willing to sign a statement ( format can be downloaded in the registration application in the upload document section )
- Meet the registration age limit requirements as of December 31 in the registration year, namely:
- applicants for masters education are aged 35 (thirty-five) years at the most.
- applicants for doctoral education are 40 (forty) years old.
- Have a Cumulative Achievement Index (GPA) with the following conditions:
How to apply
Please visit the LPDP website for more information.