The Kenneth Lindsay Scholarship Trust provides small grants of up to £2,000 to Israeli students for postgraduate studies in the UK.
At a glance
- Funding valueBetween £500 and £2,000 per annum
- Suitable for Applicants fromRest of World
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)The Anglo-Israel Association
What it covers
Between £500 and £2,000 per annum towards the cost of study.
Who can apply
Students from Israel wishing to undertake postgraduate studies or research at universities in the UK.
This funding opportunity is applicable to many courses, please see the 'Who can apply' section for more information.
For further information please visit the Anglo-Israel Association website.
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form. Applications are to be submitted by 30 April annually. You must also include:
- An up-to-date CV, including your education in chronological order without any gaps; periods of part-time education, army, paid or voluntary work should also be included, as should details of involvement in community work;
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from your chosen university;
- Two letters of recommendation from either your professor, tutor or former employer, which must be written on headed paper;
- An autobiographical statement including your interests, your reasons for taking the proposed course, reasons for being considered for a Kenneth Lindsay Scholarship and, if awarded, what impact it would make;
- A covering letter, which should include your name and current address and contact details, and any additional relevant information not included in the above forms, such as any relevant disability and whether accompanied by a spouse and children;
- It is mandatory to complete the financial statement in the form describing your additional sources of finance since the scholarships awarded are only between £500 and £2,000;
The scholarships awarded by the AIA are for one academic year. Students undertaking a degree which involves more than one year of study may re-apply for funding for each academic year by submitting another complete application form, a report from your supervisor as to how your studies are progressing, confirmation from the university that you are still registered, together with a covering letter which must arrive before 30 April annually.
All application documents should be sent in triplicate by normal airmail (not special delivery as the office is not manned seven days a week), to arrive by 30 April annually.
This information should be sent to:
Anglo Israel Association
Kenneth Lindsay Scholarship Trust
PO Box 47819