This facility allows examination of the conditions and parameters that effect material strength and durability due to stress, fatigue, fracture and corrosion. It enables testing of non‑standard specimens and components, development of fatigue design rules, acceptance testing and inspection reliability trials.
Industrial-scale samples can be tested.
The facility is normally available with several weeks notice and expert technicians are available to assist with your testing project needs. The facility is available by the hour and all quotations are confidential.
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics Analysis.
- Compact to large-scale fatigue under simulated corrosion and environmental conditions.
- Full post-mortem analysis.
- Finite element analysis.
- Design and managed fabrication solutions for customised one off test rigs.
More details about the Structural Integrity Laboratory and its features.
Suitable for a range of industry sectors
The Structural Integrity Laboratory has been used to test and research structures and components, in the following sectors: offshore oil and gas structures; offshore wind structures; marine renewable energy structures; pipelines (oil and gas, and carbon capture and storage); aerospace; and automotive.
Companies who have used this facility
- Cenrtica Renewables
- DONG Energy
- EDF Energy
- Energie Baden-Württemberg (EnBW)
- E.ON UK
- Marie Curie Intra European Fellowship
- The Crown Estate in the UK
- The Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)