We have one of the best equipped pilot scale energy facilities in the UK allowing energy and process researchers and industries to carry out applied research in the production and characterisation of conventional and renewable fuels, chemicals and their derived fractions.
The facilities are normally available with one to three months notice with expert technicians on hand to assist with your testing project needs. Facilities are available by the hour and all quotations are confidential.
- Supercritical water gasification.
- CO2 extraction.
- Fuel upgrading and testing.
- Particle formation.
- Biomass and plastic conversion.
- Biomass and waste characterisation.
- Controlled degradation.
- Microbial fermentations.
- Industrial biotechnology.
- Solid fuel combustion - pulverised fuel (air or oxy-fired) and fluidised bed.
- Gasification - spouted fluidised bed and fixed bed – updraft or downdraft.
Companies we have worked with
Various high-profile research projects have been undertaken in these facilities, working with a number of national and internationally-based companies.
- Alstom Power
- British Council
- Cytec Solvay
- Department Trade and Industry (DTI)
- DONG Energy
- Doosan Energy
- Energy Technology Institute (ETI)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- EU Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS)
- European Union (EU)
- Heat Recovery Solutions (HRS)
- Innovate UK
- RSM, Sere-Tech Ltd
- Severn Trent Water
- Thames Water
- Toyota Tsusho
- UK Government (Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
- Yorkshire Water / Recycling Technologies.