Writing a successful PhD proposal
Strong ideas and in-depth research are critical to a good research proposal. There is often a strong case for research in a specific area, but building that proposal is key to laying out the correct ideas and theoretical explanations to make it a reality.
This webinar will help you to develop the necessary techniques, skills and ideas to write a strong, succinct and intriguing proposal for potential research.
The webinar will involve conversations with various staff and academics on the right way to create a good research proposal and involve breakout rooms for areas of interest, giving you the chance at asking specific questions to those who have the answers. You will also have the opportunity to speak to a current PhD student and find out what makes a Cranfield PhD different.
Writing a successful PhD proposal - webinar
Tuesday 26 January 2021
What will you learn from our webinar?
- Writing techniques, paragraph building and correct grammar.
- How to build a good proposal for your chosen area.
- The correct way to start and end your proposal and how to submit it.
- Welcome and what makes Cranfield distinct - Professor Phil Hart.
- Key points on writing a proposal - Professor Kostas Salonitis.
- Renewable energy/digitisation/net zero.
- Smart, green sustainable manufacturing.
- Computational engineering sciences.
- Autonomous systems and artificial intelligence.
- Universities Faculty Development PhD programme.
- Question and answer session.
Location and travel details
The webinar will be hosted on the Zoom platform.
CostThis is a free event. Pre-registration is required.
How to register
To register please complete our online form.
This webinar will be recorded for future marketing purposes.