The UK-YWP is the best opportunity for young professionals working on the water to network, share skills, ideas and opportunities, and learn from each other. The Conference will have a mix of regular sessions, keynotes, PICO poster sessions, career fair, social and technical visits, and much more. Young Professionals from all sectors are welcome.
This year’s theme is Towards a Resilient Water Future. We are interested in knowing more about how your work is contributing to achieve this goal. Abstracts on the following topics are welcome:• Latest innovations in water
• Engineering solutions
• Business models
• Economics and financing
• Data and decision-making (decision support systems, machine learning, forecasting)
• Building resilience to water-related risks in different sectors (agriculture, public water supply, businesses, environment)
• Water allocation, communities and governance
• SDGs and water
• Water treatment, water reuse
• Water stewardship in businesses
• Sustainable water use
• Nature-based solutions for water management
• Learning from other sectors – synergies and opportunities
Key Dates• Call for abstracts open: 18th Dec 2017
• Deadline abstract submission: extended until 1st March 2018
• Notification of acceptance: mid-March 2018
• Deadline to register: 9th April 2018
Registration starts at 12:00 on the 16th
Schedule to be confirmed
Location and travel details
Cranfield University, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0AL
Cranfield University is located at the very heart of the UK – within the innovation triangle between London and the cities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our central location provides easy access from the M1, excellent main line rail service as well as proximity to key international airports. Set in rolling countryside, Cranfield offers a rich, rural landscape complemented by thriving towns and picturesque villages.
- Road: We are just 10 minutes from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1 motorway. There is free parking on campus.
- Rail: Milton Keynes or Bedford
- Air: London Luton (22 miles), Heathrow (50 miles) or Birmingham (70 miles)
For further travel details please visit our Location page.
If you would like to book accommodation whilst visiting the campus then we are pleased to offer en suite accommodation on campus, which is within easy walking distance of lecture rooms and other facilities. To make an enquiry or booking, please contact Venue Cranfield.
Download the Cranfield map to see the campus layout, parking, and distance from the Venue.
Accommodation: Mitchell Hall and CMDC
Venue: 52a Vincent Building
When booking accommodation please state you are attending the IWA Young Water Professionals Conference to secure the special delegate rate.
Mitchell Hall : £70pp per night
CMDC: £90pp per night (1 night) £70pp (2 nights)
Who should attendYoung and emerging professionals in the sector, as well as in any other related sector.
Would you like to sponsor this conference and have an exhibition space?
Please, check here the available options and the associated benefits.