‘Food Waste Innovations’ is a key strand of the IMAGE (Innovation in Manufacturing, Aerospace and the Green Economy) project, led by Cranfield University. SMEs in the food manufacturing, retail, hospitality and service sector from the SEMLEP area will have the opportunity to access a grant covering 50% of the costs involved in assessing the current state of their food waste and identifying sustainable, cost effective solutions for reducing waste.
This event will allow you to understand more about food waste audits and how they can strengthen your business.
You will discover how in-depth food waste audits will can help look at:
• Sources of waste – both avoidable and unavoidable
• Composition of waste
• Weight and volume of waste
• Destination of waste
• Procedures for monitoring and measuring food waste
• Documented results
• Staff training and capacity building
This programme is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund and it is subject to eligibility checks.
Location and travel details
Cranfield University, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0AL
Cranfield University is located at the very heart of the UK – within the innovation triangle between London and the cities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our central location provides easy access from the M1, excellent main line rail service as well as proximity to key international airports. Set in rolling countryside, Cranfield offers a rich, rural landscape complemented by thriving towns and picturesque villages.
- Road: We are just 10 minutes from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1 motorway. There is free parking on campus.
- Rail: Milton Keynes or Bedford
- Air: London Luton (22 miles), Heathrow (50 miles) or Birmingham (70 miles)