The six topics which are covered are:
1. Protective and tribological coatings
2. Thin films for energy conversion, catalysis and related processes
3. From atoms to sheets: growth and tribology of thin films
4. Functionalisation and characterisation of nanofilms
5. 2D materials: graphene and beyond
6. Sensors and instruments based on nanofilms
Location and travel detailsVincent Building, Cranfield University, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0AL
Cranfield University is located at the very heart of the UK – within the innovation triangle between London and the cities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our central location provides easy access from the M1, excellent main line rail service as well as proximity to key international airports. Set in rolling countryside, Cranfield offers a rich, rural landscape complemented by thriving towns and picturesque villages.
- Road: We are just 10 minutes from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1 motorway. There is free parking on campus.
- Rail: Milton Keynes or Bedford
- Air: London Luton (22 miles), Heathrow (50 miles) or Birmingham (70 miles)