Formed in 1998, The British Association for Biological Anthropology and Osteoarchaeology (BABAO) promotes the study of biological (or physical) anthropology for the purpose of understanding the physical development of the human species from the past to the present.
Biological anthropologists study biological evolution and variation. This may include the study of primatology, hominines, medical anthropology, forensic anthropology, and bioarchaeology, with the latter focusing on archaeological human remains, including palaeopathology or the study of ancient disease.
BABAO provides a forum for discussion and intellectual exchange for professionals and students in all areas of biological anthropology.
Cranfield University is delighted to be hosting the 20th annual BABAO conference. Registration for BABAO 2018 has now closed, if you have an query regarding registration or the BABAO conference please get in touch with the BABAO 2018 team.
Scientific Committee for BABAO 2018:
- Dr Nicholas Márquez-Grant (Cranfield University)
- Dr Charlene Greenwood (Cranfield University)
- Professor Peter Zioupos (Cranfield University)
- Mr Roland Wessling (Cranfield University)
- Dr Dario Piombino-Mascali (Vilnius University and Visiting Fellow at Cranfield University)
- Dr Paola Ponce (University of York)
- Dr Heather Bonney (Natural History Museum)
Poster Presentations should be no bigger than A1 in size and must be in portrait orientation. Podium Presentations should be 10 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions.
The current programme for the BABAO Conference 2018 can be found here. This programme is subject to change and will be updated as and when any changes are made.
Location and travel details
Cranfield University, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0AL
Cranfield University is located at the very heart of the UK – within the innovation triangle between London and the cities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our central location provides easy access from the M1, excellent main line rail service as well as proximity to key international airports. Set in rolling countryside, Cranfield offers a rich, rural landscape complemented by thriving towns and picturesque villages.
- Road: We are just 10 minutes from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1 motorway. There is free parking on campus.
- Rail: Milton Keynes or Bedford
- Air: London Luton (22 miles), Heathrow (50 miles) or Birmingham (70 miles)
For further travel details please visit our location page.
Who should attend
Academics, students, industry professionals.
How to register
Registration for the BABAO Annual Conference has now closed. Please contact the BABAO 2018 team if you have a query.