This short course promotes an understanding of technologies used for the treatment of wastewater for discharge to the environment.
At a glance
- Duration2 days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£580. Concessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will gain:
- An appreciation of scope of available process technologies, as applied to the purification of sewage for environmental discharge,
- An indication of the capability of these processes,
- An opportunity to demonstrate understanding through participation in design exercises in sewage treatment.
- Sewage and required treated effluent quality,
- Preliminary effluent treatment (screening),
- Primary effluent treatment (sedimentation),
- Suspended growth (activated sludge) processes,
- Fixed film processes (trickling filters),
- Sludge treatment and disposal,
- Odour formation and control.
Attendance of our short courses count towards your individual CPD with Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
Concessions(20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni)
* Minimum of five delegates
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.