This short course promotes an understanding of technologies used for the treatment of wastewater for discharge to the environment.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration2 days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£580. Concessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will gain:
- An appreciation of scope of available process technologies, as applied to the purification of sewage for environmental discharge
- An indication of the capability of these processes
- An opportunity to demonstrate understanding through participation in design exercises in sewage treatment.
- Sewage and required treated effluent quality
- Preliminary effluent treatment (screening)
- Primary effluent treatment (sedimentation)
- Suspended growth (activated sludge) processes
- Fixed film processes (trickling filters)
- Sludge treatment and disposal
- Odour formation and control.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Cranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
Attendance of our short courses count towards your individual CPD with Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
Concessions(20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni)
* Minimum of five delegates
Accommodation options and prices
Accommodation is available at Mitchell Hall which is located on campus. All rooms are en-suite and bookings are on a half-board basis from Sunday to Friday. If you would like to book accommodation for this short course at Mitchell Hall, please indicate this on the registration form and we will arrange this for you.
Alternatively, you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.