Gain an understanding of technologies used for flow cytometric analysis of drinking water. Content will be provided around using these tools for monitoring efficacy of the treatment of water for potable water supply.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationOne day
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Briefly describe & contextualise flow cytometry compared to other methods for microbial analysis of drinking water,
- Identify benefits from an economic, social and environmental standpoint,
- Recognise best practice and identify current limitations of flow cytometry,
- Undertake ‘hands-on’ experience of flow cytometric analysis.
- Introduction to flow cytometry and particle counting (fundamentals);
- Water quality and regulation identifying the need for flow cytometry,
- The range of available technologies,
- Sample prep, staining dos and don’ts (method).
- Data analysis using flow cytometry;
- Gating workshop,
- Standards development,
- Quality control, instrument maintenance and basic troubleshooting,
- Integration within labs data management systems
- Data interpretation using flow cytometry;
- Plot interpretation viability of bacteria,
- Trending data,
- Diagnostics and root cause analysis at treatment works and within distribution,
- Integrating with other datasets,
- Online monitoring and perspectives using flow cytometry,
- Innovation in water treatment for potable supply using flow cytometry.
9.00 Welcome & Coffee,
9.30 Session 1 – Key note (Key challenges),
10.30 Session 2 – Current technological solutions I,
11:45 Session 3 - Current technological solutions II,
13:00 Session 4 – Future trends introductions,
14:00 Session 5 – Interactive session/seminar,
15:15 Session 6 - TBC,
16:15 Summary and closing remarks,16:30 Departure.
Who should attendThis course is open to delegates looking to learn more about next generation microbial analysis of drinking water. No prior knowledge about flow cytometry is needed to undertake this course.
Location address5th & 7th Floor Colmore Gate,
Bull Street Entrance,
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.