This short course provides a foundation in hydraulics with reference to water and wastewater treatment flow sheets. Read more Read less
For those students that cannot attend the full five-day course, the following options are available:
- Two day intensive course in Hydraulics
- Two day intensive course in Pumping Systems
Please contact us for further information.
At a glance
- 05 - 09 Nov 2018
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£1,400 Concessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will be able to:
- Calculate hydraulic profile through a treatment works
- Design flow division and combination devices
- Understand the basic principles of hydraulics
- Understand the effects of flow variations through a treatment works.
- Flow distribution, divisions and combination
- Flow through hydraulic structures and unit process
- Hydraulic profiling
- Principles of channel flows, weir and flumes
- Time varying flows through treatment works.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Cranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
Concessions(20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni)
* Minimum of five delegates
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.