Delegates on this short course gain an understanding of principles and practical issues of disinfection procedures relevant to water treatment.
At a glance
- Duration1 day
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£290. Concessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will gain:
- An understanding of the microbial targets in water and why disinfection might not be successful
- An appreciation of nature and principles of different chemical and photochemical disinfection strategies
- An understanding of the pros and cons of different disinfection procedures and their suitability for different applications
- An insight into whether disinfection has been successful.
- Overview of microorganisms in water as targets of disinfection and critical issues to consider
- Suitability of different disinfection processes for drinking water, wastewater, and storm water
- Key principles of chemical disinfection procedures
- Disinfection by-products
- Key aspects of photochemical disinfection processes and research developments
- Practical aspects of disinfection for the water industry (this will be presented by an industry guest speaker)
- Methods to monitor success of disinfection.
This course is accredited for Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) CPD.
- Anglian Water - Bob Markhall (Anglian Water)
Concessions(20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni)
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.