This course will provide an understanding of principles and practical issues of disinfection procedures relevant to water treatment.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration1 day
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will be able to:
- Describe the microbial targets in water and factors governing disinfection efficiency,
- Highlight the nature and principles of different chemical and photochemical disinfection strategies,
- Describe the pros and cons of different disinfection procedures and their suitability for different applications,
- Assess through groupwork whether disinfection has been successful.
- Overview of microorganisms in water as targets of disinfection and critical issues to consider,
- Suitability of different disinfection processes for drinking water, wastewater, and storm water,
- Key principles of chemical disinfection procedures,
- Disinfection by-products,
- Key aspects of photochemical disinfection processes and research developments,
- Practical aspects of disinfection for the water industry,
- Methods to monitor success of disinfection,
- Online assessment of microbial water quality including flow cytometry.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.