The aim of the Airport Operations course is to provide managers with a range of skills and key insights into airport operations and safety management. Read more Read less
A major part of the course will focus on how airports function as operational entities and what are the key information flows between participants within an airport and how these can be improved to maximise efficiency. It is essential that airports maintain the highest possible standards of safety for both passengers and staff. The development of an airport safety management system will also form part of the course.
At a glance
- 28 Oct - 01 Nov 2019
- 04 - 08 Nov 2019
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£1,700 The course fee includes refreshments and lunch during the day. Accommodation is not included and must be booked separately.
Course structureWorkshops are also organised so that groups of participants can exchange ideas and apply their knowledge to solving a particular problem/case study. All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
What you will learn
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
• Explain key airport operations and describe their contribution to service provision.
• Evaluate the thought processes required in effective airport business recovery following an airport incident or process change.
• Critique the requirement for (and the components of) a robust airport security plan and safety management system.
Core content• Airside, Terminal and Landside Operations
• Winter Operations
• Airport Technical Services
• Airport Emergency Services
• Security Regulations and Operations
• Aircraft Stand and Slot Allocation
• Safety Management Systems
• Emergency and Contingency Planning
• Helicopter Operations
• Cargo Operations
• Airport Customer Service
• Airport Management Systems
• Airport Baggage Systems.
*Subject to change
A typical timetable for this course is available to give you an idea of how this course is structured. Please note that this is not the actual timetable for the upcoming course and is subject to change.
Who should attend
The course will be of value and interest to:
• Directors and managers employed in airport operations and safety management
• Management consultants involved in airport operations and safety management
• Airline managers with responsibility for relations with airport authorities
• Government regulators.
This short course is a module within the MSc in Airport Planning and Management which is accredited by the The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK).
The course is taught by a dynamic mix of Cranfield staff and industry experts.
Accommodation options and prices
This course is non-residential. If accommodation is required, you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.For further location and travel details
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.