The seminar provides broad yet detailed insights into the major contemporary managerial, economic and regulatory issues in the air transport industry. Read more Read less
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFour days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£2,250 - The seminar fee includes refreshments and hot buffet lunch during the day, welcome evening drinks reception (Monday 18th November), evening course dinner (Thursday 21st November), and tours of the airfield and our 737-400 aircraft (weather and other conditions permitting). Accommodation is not included and must be booked separately (please see below). Concessions available
What you will learn
- An in-depth overview of the air transport industry
- Contemporary managerial, economic and regulatory issues and challenges
- Strategy and decision making in aviation.
- Trends and challenges
- Air transport regulation and policy
- Airspace and air traffic management
- Aviation and tourism
- The Airport-Airline Relationship
Airline management and economics
- Airline business models
- Safety Management
- Revenue Management, Yield Management and Pricing
- Network Planning and Route Development
- Air Cargo operations
- Air Transport Environmental Planning
- Airport operations
- Airport design
- The Airport-Airline relationship
The timetable for this course is available below (please note that this may be subject to change).
Who should attend
The course is ideally suited to both current industry practitioners and those just setting out on their career in air transport, including: airline and airport managers; staff in government departments and civil aviation authorities; consultants and representatives of aircraft manufacturers wishing to gain a deep understanding of the air transport industry.
In addition to the academic staff in the Centre for Air Transport Management at Cranfield, confirmed guest speakers include:
Professor Anne Graham Professor of Air Transport and Tourism Management, University of Westminster.
John Strickland JSL Consulting
Nadine Meichsner Senior Commercial Analyst, British Airways
Professor Lucy Budd Professor of Air Transport Management, De Montfort University
Group Discount. Where three delegates or more are booking from within one site or one organisation, a discount of 10% will apply to the invoice for the course tuition fee. Accommodation fees are not included in the discount scheme. Please ask about our discount scheme at time of booking.
Accommodation options and prices
We are pleased to offer an exclusive accommodation package at the Cranfield Management Development Centre hotel. Located on campus, all rooms are en-suite and available on a half-board basis from Sunday to Friday. The cost of this package is £520.
If you would like to book our accommodation package for this short course*, please indicate this on your registration form.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
*Subject to availability.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world. .For further location and travel details
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.