This seminar focuses on providing you with an insight into the major contemporary managerial and economic issues affecting the air transport industry. Its aim is to broaden your knowledge and understanding of how successful airlines and airports should be managed.Read more Read less
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£2,250. The seminar fee includes refreshments and lunch during the day. Accommodation is not included and must be booked separately. Concessions available
What you will learn
- To provide an insight into the economics of air transport and an understanding of key managerial issues within the industry.
- To establish a forum for discussion of strategic decisions facing airlines and airports in marketing, planning and organisation.
- Airline trends and challenges
- Airport economics
- The scheduled airline industry
- Air transport regulation and policy
- Airspace and air traffic management
- Aviation and tourism
- Airline business models
- Strategies for success
- Sustainable aviation
- Pricing and revenue management and ancillary revenues
- Route development
- Airline profitability
- Air cargo economics
- Surface access
- The airport-airline relationship
- Commercial planning
The timetable for this course is available below (please note that this may be subject to change).
Who should attend
The course is ideally suited to both current industry practitioners and those just setting out on their career in air transport, including: airline and airport managers; staff in government departments and civil aviation authorities; consultants and representatives of aircraft manufacturers wishing to gain a thorough understanding of the air transport industry.
In the past, we have welcomed attendees from all over the world, including those working for major aircraft manufacturers, airport operators, and banking groups.
External speakers include, among others:
Prof Anne Graham – University of Westminster
John Strickland - JLS Consulting
Group Discount. Where three delegates or more are booking from within one site or one organisation, a discount of 10% will apply to the invoice for the course tuition fee. Accommodation fees are not included in the discount scheme. Please ask about our discount scheme at time of booking.
Accommodation options and prices
We are pleased to offer an exclusive accommodation package at our Mitchell Hall hotel. Located on campus, all rooms are en-suite and available on a half-board basis from Sunday to Friday. The cost of this package is £495.
If you would like to book our accommodation package for this short course*, please indicate this on your registration form.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
*Subject to availability.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.For further location and travel details
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.