Advances in remote sensing technology and the ever-increasing availability of imagery of our Earth has led to the development of new techniques for turning image data into information about the environment.
This course aims to take you beyond standard image processing software to learn new techniques for processing cloud-based image datasets and artificial intelligence for image classification.
The course is structured around the use of data science tools for image analysis from long-term datasets within Google Earth Engine and advanced image classification using deep artificial neural networks. The course is hands-on with all practical sessions in Python using open-source tools within Jupyter Notebooks.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- Cost£1,400 Concessions available
Course structureThis is a five day course delivered live online. Each day will be a mixture of lectures and practical sessions.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will be able to:
- Use open-source Python tools for image classification,
- Extract information from long-term satellite archives on the cloud using Google Earth Engine,
- Apply deep convolutional neural networks to extract objects and to classify remotely sensing imagery,
- Integrate image processing techniques into applications of remote sensing.
- Jupyter notebooks and image processing,
- Machine learning for image classification,
- Deep convolutional neural networks,
- Google Earth Engine.
Who should attendThis course will suit those with a background in remote sensing or data science who want to advance their skills in the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence for image classification and the use of cloud-based imagery. Basic knowledge of the Python programming language is required.
20% discount for Cranfield alumni
£1340 - Professional/trade association discount
£1280 - Multiple bookings*
* Minimum of 5 delegates.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.