This course will provide you with a fundamental knowledge of constituents of polymer composites, the structure and properties relationship and commonly used manufacturing process for high performance composites used in aerospace and automotive sectors. Read more Read less
Cranfield University Composites Centre (Enhanced Composites and Structures Centre) has more than 20 years of experience of research, development and teaching across composites materials, composites manufacture, process control and material/structure performance. The centre currently delivers to an international audience of postgraduate students and industrial clients (Airbus, AkzoNobel, Bentley, Bombardier, Hexcel, McLaren, Rolls-Royce, Safran, Scott Bader, RedBull, Petronas, etc). The centre has unique materials processing, compounding, filament making, nanomaterials production and composites characterisation facilities. We are able to deliver bespoke training courses covering a broad range of composites related topics, via online or in-person attendance.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationThree days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Fundamental understanding of constituents of polymer composites.
- Types of high performance polymer resins, their structure, chemical, mechanical properties.
- High performance fibres, their structure and properties relationship.
- Surface modification of fibres for strong composites interface.
- Composites curing process and its impact on design and performance of composites materials.
- Characterisation and testing of polymer composites.
Who should attend
- Those registered for a degree in engineering and materials science (or equivalent).
- Applicants from the industrial sector and academic research community involved in composites manufacturing.
Cranfield alumni will receive a discount of 20%.
Where three delegates or more are booking from within one site or one organisation, a discount of 10% will apply to the invoice for the course tuition fee. Accommodation fees are not included in the discount scheme. Please ask about our discount scheme at time of booking.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.For further location and travel details
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.