This course will provide you with a detailed understanding of current manufacturing best practice and future techniques for lightweight and cost-effective structures manufacturing. The range of current and emerging materials forms are described and guidance on design for efficient manufacturing is provided.
Read more Read less
Cranfield University Composites Centre (Enhanced Composites and Structures Centre) has more than 20 years of experience of research, development and teaching across composites materials, composites manufacture, process control and material/structure performance. The centre currently delivers to an international audience of postgraduate students and industrial clients (Airbus, AkzoNobel, Bentley, Bombardier, Hexcel, McLaren, Rolls-Royce, Safran, Scott Bader, RedBull, Petronas, etc). The centre has unique materials processing, compounding, filament making, nanomaterials production and composites characterisation facilities. We are able to deliver bespoke training courses covering a broad range of composites related topics, via online or in-person attendance.
At a glance
- 13 - 15 Dec 2022
- DurationThree days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Benefits of using high performance composite materials with case studies
- Materials forms – fibres, plastics and core materials
- Processing requirements and targets
- High rate manufacturing techniques
- Manufacturing techniques for weight optimised high performance structures
- Thermoplastic composites manufacturing
- Materials and process selection engineering tools with manufacturing cost comparison
- Joining and assembly best practice design and techniques
- Mould tool design and materials
- The design process – demonstration of the stages of structural design from application concept to manufacturing instructions
- Case studies of best practice design and manufacturing
- Laboratory manufacturing process and exemplar structures demonstration
Who should attend
- Materials, design, manufacturing and project engineers from the product design, automotive, aerospace, defence and sporting goods sectors.
- Researchers and teachers in structural materials and manufacturing.
20% discount for Cranfield Alumni.
10% discount when registering 3 or more delegates, from the same organisation at the same time.
Accommodation fees are not included in the discount scheme. Please ask about our discount scheme at time of booking.
Accommodation options and prices
This course is non-residential. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information about our on campus accommodation can be found here. Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.For further location and travel details
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.