This course will equip you with all the information and systems you need to understand Geographical information and how to use it and understand it. Read more Read less
At a glance
- 04 - 08 Feb 2019
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost £1,400 - Standard (20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni) £1,340 - Professional/trade association discount £1,280 - Multiple bookings* * Minimum of 5 delegates.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will have:
- Familiarity with current internet technologies and their applications relevant to geographical data dissemination
- Basic level of proficiency in HTML and XML
- Knowledge of emergent Internet GIS standards
- Website developed and published
- Internet mapping web site developed using state of the art Internet mapping technologies (ESRI ArcGIS Server)
- Gained an appreciation of a real-world internet mapping project, briefing and solution (examples and case studies).
- Introduction to spatial data and the internet
- Principles of web site development
- Introduction to HTML
- Review of Internet mapping technologies and solutions: Google Maps/Earth API; Bing API; Open Layers API; ArcGIS Server APIs
- Introduction to XML/XSLT
- Proprietary and Open-source toolkits
- Case study applications of internet mapping: local authorities, location based services, ‘g-business’.
Upgrade to a professional qualificationCranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
SpeakersDr Stephen Hallett
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.