This short course introduces the extent and consequences of pollution in the environment. It identifies and evaluates technologies for prevention and remediation and evaluates decision support tools.
At a glance
- 04 - 08 Feb 2019
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£1,400 - Standard (20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni) £1,340 - Professional/trade association discount £1,280 - Multiple bookings* * Minimum of 5 delegates.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this short course you will:
- Understand the key issues related to environmental pollution prevention and remediation
- Critically appraise the range of remediation technologies for soil and groundwater
- Understand the key indicators for sustainable remediation approach
- Select and evaluate accepted decision tools to assess remediation performance and end-points.
- Environmental pollution and prevention technology
- Contaminated land issues and market size
- Contaminated land and remediation technologies
- Sustainable remediation practices
- Monitoring and modelling contaminants
- Hazard appraisal and risk assessment
- Decision support tools.
Upgrade to a professional qualificationCranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
SpeakersDr Frederic Coulon
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.