Land planning and its "human dimension" are fundamental aspects of managing the physical and human environments. Read more Read less
At a glance
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Assess the planning context within which land planning will operate,
- Design surveys to address land planning issues,
- Practice techniques designed to provide data for land planning,
- Evaluate classification systems to identify appropriateness for issues of interest,
- Formulate land planning recommendations, adopting standard practice,
- Select optimum use of resources within the context of landscape management,
- Demonstrate teamwork to fulfil exercise objectives and practice oral presentation.
- Planning context for land resource planning,
- Ecosystem services as part of land resource planning,
- Land classification systems: Land capability classification, land suitability classification, Agricultural Land Classification, parametric methods, landscape assessment,
- Erosion survey and risk assessment,
- Incorporating a modelling approach: soil erosion modelling,
- Resource optimisation methods to inform planning options,
- Horizon scanning for future land resource planning.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.