A critical application of environmental risk management is in the development and appraisal of Policy in Central Government. Read more Read less
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define the technical, organisational and human features of effective environmental risk governance,
- Explain the environmental policy cycle of implementation and the basics of policy development and appraisal,
- Critically analyse different types of policy instruments, including regulation, economic, voluntary and other measures,
- Identify the appropriate policy instruments to use in different contexts,
- Compare and contrast environmental risk management techniques, selecting tools appropriate to the character of the risk in question,
- Identify the requirements of risk management maturity and the pre-requisites of good corporate risk governance.
- Risk governance,
- Problem definition,
- Environmental risk analysis and management,
- Implementation within organisations,
- Environmental policy development and appraisal,
- Policy instruments.
Upgrade to a professional qualificationCranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.