Smart grids are perceived as the panacea to help with reducing our emissions, keeping energy affordable and ensuring security of supply.Read more Read less
Hence, they have become a focus of policy and academia across developed and developing countries. However, the term 'smart grid' means different things to different stakeholders. This course will provide an understanding of what smart grids are and how their development might look in the UK context.
At a glance
- Duration1 day
- LocationCranfield Campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will gain:
- A clear understanding of the definition and history of the smart grid concept
- Knowledge of the current developments in understanding socio-technical aspects of smart grid development
- Understanding of the key services and functionalities expected to be achieved in a smarter UK grid
- Awareness of key decision points leading to alternative smart grid pathways.
- History and definition of smart grids
- Key issues affecting the development of smart grids
- Characteristics of a smarter UK grid.
Who should attend
This course will provide state-of-the-art knowledge on the social construction of smart grids. It will be of interest to local government employees, engineers and consultants.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.For further location and travel details
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.