This five day course introduces the international priorities under the umbrella of the Water-Energy-Food nexus across sectors and scales.
The course is premised on the understanding that environmental resources are inextricably intertwined and therefore there is a need of advancing a nexus approach to enable integrated and sustainable management of water, energy and food systems. Participants will learn and evaluate a range of innovative technologies that provide significant gains in terms of provision and management of energy, water and food and resources.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Critically appraise the key issues related to water-energy-food nexus challenges,
- Critically evaluate the opportunities in the development and management of the water-energy-resource nexus, tailored to specific sectoral needs,
- Appraise the key indicators for clean technologies.
- Water-energy-food nexus approaches,
- Solar energy technologies, concentrated solar power,
- Water and wastewater treatment technologies,
- Bioenergy including anaerobic digestion and biogas upgrade/cleanup,
- Nutrient and resource recovery,
- Renewable energy,
- Water and sustainable Agrifood systems,
- Decision support technology.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Location addressCranfield University
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.