Agroforestry, the integration of trees with farming, can provide financial benefits for farmers and economic benefits for society. This course uses cost-benefit analysis tools to examine the costs and benefits of implementing agroforestry in an arable context.
At a glance
- Duration2 days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost £580. Concessions available
Course structureThe two day course will start with the use of a spreadsheet-based cost benefit model to look at the financial and economic impacts of agroforestry.
What you will learn
The objective is to examine the benefits and costs of agroforestry. Delegates will develop a simple cost benefit analysis model to examine:
- How financial modelling can be used to examine the benefits of agroforestry systems in relation to arable and forestry systems from a land user perspective
- How the introduction of valuation data can be used to examine how societal benefits are generated by agroforestry
- What are the opportunities and barriers associated with agroforestry and how they can be overcome.
- Financial modelling of the benefits and costs of agroforestry relative to arable cropping and forestry
- Use of valuation data to examine societal benefits
- Opportunities and barriers to agroforestry.
Who should attend
Farmers, Foresters, Land Managers, Farm Advisors, Consultants. Those interested in integrating trees with farming, or supporting and advising others to do so.
Concessions(20% discount for Cranfield alumni, 10% discount for colleagues of alumni)
£550 - Professional/trade association discount
£530 - Multiple bookings*
*Minimum of 5 delegates
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.