A fundamental introduction to the techniques and technologies employed for the design and operation of thermal energy systems. Read more Read less
- Heat-Exchanger Networks
This course will be of particular interest to engineers employed in the heat and power generation, process, or oil and gas industries, and building services.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£1,700. The course fee includes refreshments and lunch during the day. Accommodation is not included and must be booked separately. Concessions available
Course structureFive days of lectures, featuring practical examples and detailed case-studies. All delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
What you will learn
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of heat transfer, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics in the design of heat exchangers
- Apply pinch technology for the design of heat exchanger networks
- Understand the issues related to the efficient use of thermal energy and apply the relevant techniques and technologies
- Analyse and design refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, employing competent knowledge of their principles.
Heat Exchanger Design and Operation
- Heat Exchangers
- Pinch Analysis and Energy System Analysis
- Heat Exchanger Network Design
- Design Exercise (Optimal Design of a Heat Exchanger
Waste Heat Recovery and Thermal Storage
- Waste-heat Recovery
- Thermal Storage
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Vapour-compression Refrigeration Systems
- Refrigeration Compressors
- Expansion Devices
- Absorption Refrigeration
- Psychrmetry and Principle Air-conditioning Processes
- Humidifiers, Air Washers and Cooling Towers.
Who should attendThis course will be of particular interest to engineers employed in the heat and power generation, process, and oil and gas industries or building services.
AccreditationThis short course is a module within the MSc in Process Systems Engineering which is accredited by the Engineering Council, Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), Energy Institute and the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS).
Concessions10% discount applies if booked 8 weeks in advance.
10% discount for 3rd and subsequent delegates from the same company/site.
Accommodation options and prices
Accommodation is available at Mitchell Hall which is located on campus. All rooms are en-suite and bookings are on a half-board basis from Sunday to Friday. If you would like to book accommodation for this short course at Mitchell Hall, please indicate this on the registration form and we will arrange this for you.
Alternatively, you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.