This course introduces fundamental and advanced techniques and tools for the design, modelling and optimisation of process plants. Read more Read less
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£1,700. The course fee includes refreshments and lunch during the day. Accommodation is not included and must be booked separately. Concessions available
Course structureThe course includes several case studies and demonstrations with Aspen HYSYS and GAMS. All delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
What you will learnOn successful completion of this short-course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key steps in carrying out a process design and a familiarity with the techniques and major commercial simulation tools for steady and dynamic process simulation.
- Apply competently the basic principles of process optimisation.
- Design and analyse the performance of a process plant using simulation or optimisation tools.
- Overview of process design concepts.
- Process modelling and simulation (steady-state and dynamic).
- Process flowsheeting.
- Process economic analysis.
- Basic principles of optimisation.
- Case studies with Aspen HYSYS (training computer lab sessions).
- Case studies with GAMS (training computer lab sessions).
Who should attend
This would be of particular interest to engineers or researchers in the chemical, petrochemical, water, oil and gas, energy or food industries.
Concessions10% discount applies if booked 8 weeks in advance. 10% discount for 3rd and subsequent delegates from the same company/site. Only one discount is applicable per booking.
Accommodation options and prices
This course is non-residential.
Accommodation is available at Mitchell Hall which is located on campus. All rooms are en-suite and bookings are on a half-board basis from Sunday to Friday. If you would like to book accommodation for this short course at Mitchell Hall, please indicate this on the registration form and we will arrange this for you.
Alternatively, you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.