Correct sizing of pipeline and risers is fundamental ensuring trouble free operation of any oil and gas production systems. Read more Read less
This course introduces a systematic approach to the design of multiphase transportation systems and the interaction between the upstream reservoir and the downstream processing plant.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£1,700. The course fee includes refreshments and lunch during the day. Accommodation is not included and must be booked separately. Concessions available
Course structureThe course will consist of lectures supported by videos, case studies as well as software demonstrations and laboratory sessions. The largest three phase facilities in UK universities will be used for laboratory demonstrations of slug control, multiphase flows, solids transport and measurement. All delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough analytical understanding of multiphase flows
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of software tools and critical awareness of their limitations
- Competently design multiphase transportation pipelines for oil/gas and gas/condensate duties under steady state and transient operating conditions
- Interface with other oil/gas or related industry disciplines in a design or operating environment.
- Multiphase Flow Fundamentals: Introduction to multiphase flow principles, flow regimes, pressure/ temperature prediction and pipeline sizing.
- Phase Behaviour and Physical Properties: Black oil and compositional phase behaviour and PVT prediction software.
- Steady State Multiphase flow: Introduction to steady state multiphase flow design software tools for reservoirs, wells, flowlines and risers, network and nodal analysis. Oil/gas and gas/condensate pipeline design. Design for slugging flows. Solids transportation. Design for heavy oil transport.
- Design of Offshore and Onshore Pipelines: Pipeline sizing, installation, thermal insulation and corrosion protection.
- Subsea Production Systems: Subsea production system architecture, trees, manifolds, pigging, metering, separation and boosting systems.
- Transient Multiphase Flow design: Transient design software. Pipeline inventory management and slug catcher sizing. Integration with process plant operations. Transient thermal analysis, warm-up, cooldown, pipeline depressurisation and displacement.
Who should attendThe course will be of particular interest to engineers in oil and gas exploration, production and operating companies, consultants, contractors, service providers and equipment suppliers involve in design and operation. Researchers who need to understand the background and application of their research. Managers who want to understand the technical issues to aid decision making.
Concessions10% discount applies if booked 8 weeks in advance. 10% discount for 3rd and subsequent delegates from the same company/site.
Accommodation options and prices
This course is non-residential. If accommodation is required, please make your own arrangements at Mitchell Hall or a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.