This 5-day course provides you with an in-depth introduction of the fundamentals of heat transfer and practical tools for solving heat-transfer problems and design of heat-transfer equipment.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- DurationFive days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£1,700 The course fee includes refreshments and lunch during the day. Accommodation is not included and must be booked separately. Concessions available
Course structureFive days of lectures, including fundamentally practical examples. All delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
What you will learn
You will gain the ability to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the principles governing the transfer of heat
- Demonstrate knowledge of the techniques, tools and skills required to solve typical thermal-related engineering problems
- Apply the knowledge gained, and acquire independently any further information, for the analysis of energy flows in complicated systems and the design of efficient heat-transfer equipment.
- Steady-State And Transient Conduction (One-And Multi-Dimensional Systems)
- Forced And Natural Convection (Analytical And Practical Tools)
- Thermal Radiation
- Boiling Heat Transfer
- Condensation Heat Transfer
Who should attend
Engineers who work in the energy, process, or chemical industry, design practices or services.
- Dr Ossama Badr
- Dr Ilai Sher
Concessions10% discount applies if booked 8 weeks in advance. 10% discount for 3rd and subsequent delegates from the same company/site.
Accommodation options and prices
This is a non-residential course. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information regarding our accommodation on campus can be found here.
Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Cranfield University is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire. The University is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.