Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
To provide an understanding of heritage crime in the UK and the methods and agencies to combat it.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
- • Appraise the main threats to UK heritage,
• Discriminate between the legal roles of various players and evaluate the part that forensics can play,
• Critically assess the various methods for combating UK heritage crime, their successes and failures,
• Interpret how forensic strategies are applied in this field and which techniques are of most use,
• Be able to apply their knowledge to specific subject area of UK heritage crime to successfully come to a reasoned and balanced conclusion.
• Introduction to the main forms of crime committed against these assets,
• Detailed discussion of threats and counter operations
• Architectural theft of metals and other materials,
• Unlawful metal detecting,
• Wreck interference,
• Criminal damage,
• Managing heritage assets,
• Illicit cultural property (UK)
• Burden of evidence and proof.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
This course will be taught at Masters standard as it is one of the modules that comprise the postgraduate Forensic Modular Masters Programme. Registering for this Short Course for Credit and successfully passing the associated assessment will gain you 10 Cranfield credits. These could then be used to apply for a transfer towards a PgCert/PgDip or MSc in the Forensic Programme should you wish to complete one of these courses within 5 years.
Sponsored by company - £1,750
Individual (anyone paying for themselves to attend) - £875
Alumni/Current Student - £435
Location and travel
Situated close to Milton Keynes and Bedford, the Cranfield campus is situated in Wharley End, very close to Cranfield village, and is about 10 minutes from the M1 motorway. There is rail and road access to most major airports as well as coach and train stations. Cranfield campus also has its own airport for private executive business travel.
Download a visitor guide including map, directions and health and safety information.
How to apply
To apply for this course please use the online application form.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.