Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
At a glance
- 13 - 17 May 2024
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus/Online
- Cost£1,925 Concessions available
The module consists of 8 lecture sessions and 20 practical exercise sessions during the first four days, with the focus shifting from lectures to exercises as each day progresses. The last day will be a series of individual presentations. Exercises will contain independent group work, group discussions as well as discussions with supervisors.
What you will learn
On successful completion of the module you will be able to:
1. Evaluate and critically assess the principles of temporary mortuary setup & operation.
2. Select the best mortuary workflow processes after evaluating the impact of the physical space and equipment available.
3. Judge the efficiency of the mortuary workflows and apply changes to further improve efficiency.
4. Develop the expertise to set up and ru8n a temporary mortuary in any given environment or context.
5. Develop the ability to present sensitive victim identification data in the legal and formal setting of an Identification Commission.
- Introduction to temporary mortuary setup and operations principles.
- Documentation of temporary mortuary operations.
- Setting up a temporary mortuary.
- Understanding the workflows of a temporary mortuary operation.
- Operating a temporary mortuary.
- Collating data from temporary mortuary operations.
- Preparing data collated for an Identification Commission.
- Judging how to responsibly advise the ID Commission.
- Presenting victim identification data formally in a legal setting.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
This course will be taught at Masters standard as it is one of the modules that comprise the postgraduate Forensic Modular Masters Programme. Registering for this Short Course for Credit and successfully passing the associated assessment will gain you 10 Cranfield credits. These could then be used to apply for a transfer towards a PgCert/PgDip or MSc in the Forensic Programme should you wish to complete one of these courses within 5 years.
Who should attendAppropriate degree in a scientific or related background.
AccreditationThe course is a module of the Forensic Modular Masters Programme, which is accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences.
ConcessionsConcessions are available for Cranfield alumni and multiple bookings from the same organisation, please contact us to discuss.
Accommodation options and prices
This course is non-residential. If you would like to book accommodation on campus, please contact Mitchell Hall or Cranfield Management Development Centre directly. Further information about our on campus accommodation can be found here. Alternatively you may wish to make your own arrangements at a nearby hotel.
Location and travel
Situated close to Milton Keynes and Bedford, the Cranfield campus is situated in Wharley End, very close to Cranfield village, and is about 10 minutes from the M1 motorway. There is rail and road access to most major airports as well as coach and train stations. Cranfield campus also has its own airport for private executive business travel.
Download a visitor guide including map, directions and health and safety information.
How to apply
To apply for this course please use the online application form.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.