This module focuses on the application of specialist technical search equipment for use in terrestrial environments. Students will explore the integration of geophysics and technical equipment as a supportive police search tool. Students will also consider the external resources from the military and commercial sector appraise their applicability to a series of case studies.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
What you will learn
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Critically appraise a range of specialist search equipment for terrestrial environments
- Compare and contrast military and commercial search tools for use in police searches
- Select appropriate technical equipment for covert searches
- Evaluate the use of night and thermal vision cameras
- Integrate geophysics and technical search strategies to a simulated terrestrial search scenario
- Health and safety in terrestrial search
- Geophysics, UAV and cache searching
- Technical equipment for open search, vehicle, buildings, underground and void searches
- Military and commercial search tools as resources
- Tactical equipment and techniques for covert search
- Night and thermal vision cameras
- Case studies
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Accommodation options and prices
Please contact us for information regarding accommodation.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.