For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
Through taking a systems thinking approach, this module provides the necessary skills and knowledge that enable professionals working in implementing information systems or critical cyber contexts to consider the wider context and adapt to continual change. It focuses on investigative methods, systems thinking and anticipating futures with a view to problem solving in a real-world context.
At a glance
- 28 Mar - 01 Apr 2022
- Duration5 days face to face learning (with additional distance learning to be completed during 7 weeks)
£1,310 - Short Course for Credit feeConcessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a you should be able to:
- Critically evaluate a range of approaches to understanding complex information system and cyber environments,
- Critically assess approaches to innovation in contested and competitive problem spaces,
- Appraise the techniques that can be used to design investigation, problem formulation and structuring, and interpretation of data.
- Design and apply methods to investigate problems in organisational contexts leading to their review and resolution,
- Analyse and scope a complex problem-space with a view to action and improvement.
• Adapting to change in complex environments,
• Representing and navigating complexity,
• Systems methods including Soft Systems Methodology, the Viable Systems Model and Critical Systems Heuristics,
• Organisational dynamics and change,
• Monitoring and adapting,
• Anticipating future requirements,
• Dealing with disruptive and novel technologies, events and emergent changes.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Defence and Security (Technology) MSc, Information Capability Management MSc or Cyber Defence and Information Assurance MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have successfully completed Foundations of Information Systems in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit.
ConcessionsA limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.