Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
Applicants must have completed 60 credits worth of study from the Systems Thinking Practice MSc before undertaking this course
Fundamental to enterprise resilience and sustainability are their inherent governance and structures. These will vary according to the enterprise; its strategy, culture, scale and governance structure (commercial, Not-for-profit, government, etc.). Not only does an enterprise require a relevant and effective method of governance, an appropriate variety of process, procedures, skills and competences are also essential. This module introduces additional ways of thinking together with the application of selected methods and tools relevant to enterprise organization..
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Cost£1,310 - Short Course for Credit Fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Develop the relationship between an organisation and its environment
- Examine the levels of development and learning within an organisation with regard to its environment, including its hierarchy of purpose and decision-making
- Critically assess various systems thinking methodologies and approaches from the perspective of understanding, knowledge and viewpoints, relating them to philosophical concepts such as ontology and epistemology.
- Identify the inter-relationships between systems thinking approaches and justify them from a foundational perspective..
This module focuses on the application of systems thinking in the context of organisational development. It incorporates the following topics:
Upgrade to a professional qualification
When taken as a Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Systems Thinking Practice MSc
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
The course is aimed at:
- Systems Analysts and Engineers of all disciplines
- Managers/decision makers/policy makers
- Individuals who need critical thinking skills to achieve successful outcomes in a complex working environment.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.