Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
This module focuses on the protection of critical national infrastructure (CNI). It outlines current risks to critical infrastructure and key resources posed by terrorism and related threats. Key concepts covered include how security vulnerabilities are analysed. Students will learn about the critical infrastructure protection cycle as well as risk assessment and risk management plans relevant to CNI.
At a glance
- 26 - 30 Apr 2021
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
£670 - Accredited Short Course Fee
£350 per/day - Standalone Short Course Fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the nature and vulnerabilities of critical national infrastructure (CNI)
- To develop a strong awareness of the history and evolution of terrorist and related attacks and plots targeting CNI
- To develop the analytical skills to critically research, evaluate and assess policies and measures implemented to protect CNI, showing awareness of legal, ethical and sector issues
- Display a strong awareness of the roles for risk management, risk mitigation and resilience in the context of CNI
- The concept and characteristics of critical national infrastructure (CNI)
- The nature of terrorist and related threats to CNI
- Terrorist decision-making and attack planning on CNI
- Protection of CNI and key resources
- Considering CNI in the context of both public and private sectors
- Case studies in CNI targeting and responses
- Comparative analysis of CNI protection
- Risk mitigation and resilience in the context of CNI
- Understanding emerging CNI and future threats and risks
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this course 10 credits can be put towards the Counterterrorism MSc or Counterterrorism, Risk Management and Resilience MSc
Cranfield credits are available for this short course which you can put towards selected Cranfield degrees. Find out more about short course credit points.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.