This course is part of a suite of three environmental courses to aid MOD environmental officers and staff become practitioners in environmental management.
At a glance
- 07 - 08 Dec 2021
- 15 - 16 Mar 2022
- 28 - 29 Jun 2022
- Duration2 days
- Cost£700 MOD funded places available
Course structureThe sustainable Development in Defence Acquisition course is delivered over two days starting at approximately 09:00 AM and finishing at approximately 17:00 PM. The course is delivered through a combination of presentations and interactive workshops which aim to provide core knowledge and deeper learning.
What you will learn
Sustainable Development in Defence Acquisition is a two-day introduction to sustainable development, and the MOD’s approach to integrating sustainable development in acquisition. The course covers a brief history of sustainable development, case studies of good sustainable practice, and practical tools to aid implementation of sustainable procurement and sustainable business within the MOD. The course aims to assist delegates with the MOD’s commitment to deliver Sustainable Development within Defence Acquisition.
By the end of the package/course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the key challenges of Sustainable Development in defence
- Identify discipline boundaries to pursue Sustainable Development
- Be aware of the potential strategies to maximise benefits and minimise or mitigate potential adverse impacts of defence activities
- Identify potential challenges, risks and impacts
- Definition of sustainable development
- History of sustainable development
- Accountability and ethics in business and organisations
- Sustainable consumption and production
- Tools such as the sustainability appraisal and the Sustainable Procurement Assessment of Risk (SPAR)
- Multiple choice and short essay question exam
Who should attend
This course is aimed at MOD personnel who have a responsibility for sustainable development or environmental management in defence acquisition e.g. environmental officers and managers.