To develop knowledge and understanding of the key academic concepts in strategic management in relation to the defence environment.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration3 days
What you will learn
Knowledge and Understanding
- Appraise the key academic theories involved in strategic management
- Critically evaluate the potential relevance of these theories in a defence context.
- Critically analyse commercial situations to determine the relevance of particular theories
- Generate and evaluate debate on the relevance of leadership theories to the defence context
- Develop academically grounded arguments to support a particular stance.
• Strategic management and the defence environment
• Strategy and strategy process: analysis, options, and implementation
• MOD Strategic Planning Process
• Introduction to Strategic Financial Management of Defence
• Identifying linkage between leadership and strategic management.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
1. appraise key academic theories in strategic management and their relevance in a defence context
2. describe strategy and strategy process.
3. critically analyse commercial situations to determine the relevance of particular theories
4. develop academically grounded arguments to support a particular stance
Who should attendThere are no prerequisites required for this course.
Dr Ifti Zaidi
The Course leader is supported by a range of guest lecturers who are leading thinkers or practitioners in their fields.
Location and travel
How to apply
To apply for this course please use the online application form.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.