To provide you with the fundamental understanding and knowledge of the autonomous land vehicle systems challenges, technologies; with essential focus on the control algorithms.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration10 days
Course structureLectures, tutorials and computer-based practicals
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Distinguish between and appraise the nature of autonomy level for unmanned land vehicles and identify the appropriate levels of interaction and trust between human and machine
- Critically evaluate reactive path planning algorithms so autonomous land vehicle be able to cope with unplanned events / problems or avoid obstacles
- Critically evaluate navigation technologies and algorithms for improved navigational accuracy and ability to travel in GPS denied environments
- Critically evaluate reactive dynamic mission planning architectures that enable autonomous land vehicle to co-ordinate mission plans between multiple assets and to cope with unplanned events problems
- Critically evaluate intelligent power management so to enhance the efficient power utilisation of the unmanned land vehicles and reduce demand on resources thus extending operational time or range
- Overview of autonomous land vehicle systems operations,
- Reactive path planning and plan repair;
- Mission planning and task allocation;
- Autonomous navigation;
- Resource allocation optimisation;
- Intelligent power management;
- Energy conservation for autonomous land vehicles.
SpeakersDr John Economou
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.