This module aims to give students an understanding of academic research and the requisite study skills to perform effectively at Masters level.
At a glance
- LocationCranfield campus
Course structureThis module is delivered through lecture presentations and group discussions. An online referencing test is required prior to attendance.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- describe what it means to study at postgraduate level and in particular the need for critical thinking and independent working;
- explain how to ensure a high level of ethical behaviour, for example avoiding plagiarism;
- use accurate references in academic work;
- describe the assessment process for the programme of study.
The course will cover the following topics:
- key skills for studying at masters level;
- tools for developing critical thinking, reading and writing;
- ethics in academic work;
- academic referencing;
- interpretation of assessment criteria.
SpeakersMiss Paula MacPhee
Accommodation options and pricesPlease contact us for information regarding accommodation.
Location and travel
Situated close to Milton Keynes and Bedford, the Cranfield campus is situated in Wharley End, very close to Cranfield village, and is about 10 minutes from the M1 motorway. There is rail and road access to most major airports as well as coach and train stations. Cranfield campus also has its own airport for private executive business travel.
Download a visitor guide including map, directions and health and safety information.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.