At a glance
- 05 - 07 Mar 2024
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£920 - Accredited Short Course fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Differentiate the contributions that systems engineering and allied disciplines each make to deliver successful business outcomes.
- Formulate and apply appropriate operations and relationship management theory to solve enterprise systems problems.
- Create Mission Analysis models using scenario based modelling, to explore enterprise needs.
- Create and manage an integrated cross-discipline aware, outcome-focused systems programme in the context of the wider business environment.
Unit 1 – Enterprises, Architectures and Lifecycles
- Defining the Enterprise
- Lifecycles, Process and Standardisation
- Enterprise Architectures
Unit 2 – Model Based Concept Definition
- Overview of how an Enterprise explores possible problems within its overall strategy, working with diverse stakeholders to balance their needs, enterprise goals, technology maturity and wider issues and regulations
- Using Mission Analysis (MA) scenario modelling and OA to define problem context and stakeholder needs
Unit 3 – Operations Management and Systems Engineering
- Project, Programme and Portfolio Management
- Finance and Commercial Decision Making
- Capability Thinking
- Supply Chain Management
- Risk Management
Unit 4 – Strategy, Integration and Practice
- Strategic Management
- Enterprise-level Integration
- The Dynamic Enterprise
- Mr Matt Summers
Location and travel
Situated close to Milton Keynes and Bedford, the Cranfield campus is situated in Wharley End, very close to Cranfield village, and is about 10 minutes from the M1 motorway. There is rail and road access to most major airports as well as coach and train stations. Cranfield campus also has its own airport for private executive business travel.
Download a visitor guide including map, directions and health and safety information.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.