To provide the students with an understanding of the principal information transmission concepts and techniques, and how modern military and commercial communications systems utilise these principal techniques. Read more Read less
At a glance
- 07 - 11 Jun 2021
- Duration5 days
- LocationNSWC Crane, Indiana, USA
Course structureLectures, tutorials, computer based practical’s; video practical
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- Identify and analyse the main functions of each of the component blocks in a communications system model, deriving suitable values for each of the system parameters
- Evaluate the principles, implementation and theoretical background of the principal modulation schemes employed in communication systems
- Synthesise the system models and critically analyse the performance of modern communication systems
Core content• Introduction: Transmitter and receiver communications system model
• Analogue modulation: Amplitude and Frequency modulation
• Digital modulation: ASK, FSK, PSK, DPSK, MSK, QAM
• Communications channel: Multipath effects, fading and diversity.
• Link budget analysis
• Multiplexing and multiple access: FDM, TDM, CDM, statistical multiplexing, FDMA, TDMA and CDMA.
• Error correction codes: Block, convolutional and trellis coding.
• Wideband multicarrier techniques: Spread spectrum techniques, OFDM. .
• HF and Scatter-based systems.
• Software Defined Radio
• Satellite communications
SpeakersDr Taufiq Asyhari
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.