This module will develop your knowledge and skills in the context of a continually changing cyber environment and practical problem context.
Due to the nature of the subject matter in this Module, security clearance may be required.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- critically evaluate a range of approaches to understanding complex and changing cyber environments,
- develop problem definition, analysis and problem solving skills to address challenges faced in cyber issues.
- analyse and scope a complex cyber problem-space with a view to action and improvement,
- develop problem definition, analysis and problem solving skills to address challenges faced in cyber issues,
- apply course concepts coherently to a practical problem,
- for CSOps only – assess operational impact of proposed interventions,
- for CDIA only – assess business impact of proposed interventions.
- Cyberspace Operations MSc students will select a topic that aims to have operational impact regarding cyberspace operations in a military context,
- Cyber Defence and Information Assurance MSc students will select topics with a view to business impact in a private or public sector civilian context.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.