This course will provide you with the theoretical and empirical knowledge and analytical tools to understand and critically engage with the management of regional security.
At a glance
CostShort Course for Credit fee - £860
Standalone Short Course fee - £1,490
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Analyse and Assess the main theories of management of regional security, including theories of regional security and theories about conflict management;
- Assess the role of regional organisations in addressing and managing regional security problems;
- Evaluate the role of Great Powers in the management of regional challenges;
- Examine how historical, geographical, environmental and political factors influence the security paradigm in regions
This module focuses on the application of systems thinking in the context of enterprise architecture. It incorporates the following topics:
- Introduction to regional security;
- Introduction to management of conflict at a regional level;
- Analysis of the leadership role of regional organisations;
- Examination of the Great Power’s influence and role in managing regional security;
- Case Studies
Upgrade to a professional qualification
When taken as a Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Leadership and Security Pathway of the Defence and Security Programme Leadership and Management MSc
Find out more about short course credit points.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.