Engage with the key academic thinking in the linked fields change management and innovation, and explore the relationship between organisational change and leadership within the security sector context.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
CostShort Course for Credit fee - £860
Standalone Short Course fee - £1,490
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Appraise the key theories relating to change management and innovation
- Critically evaluate the linkage between change management and leadership
- Evaluate the significance for organisations in developing sound change management processes
- Critically analyse the strategic nature of developing innovative practice within organisations
The course will cover the following topics:
- What is change and why is it needed.
- Strategic drift theory.
- Conceptual approaches to planned organisational change in organisation and management studies literature
- Relationship between contemporary change management practices and leadership theory.
- Human factors and organisational culture as related to change.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Leadership and Security Pathway of the Defence and Security Programme (Leadership and Management) MSc
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.