Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Cost£1,310 - Short Course for Credit fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast approaches to leadership development;
- Critically analyse own leadership development from the prism of current theories and best practices;
- Evaluate the utility of various leadership interventions to defence;
- Analyse behaviours and apply this knowledge to engage in constructive dialogue with others; and
- Design and evaluate leadership development programmes.
- History of leadership development and the current landscape.
- Models of Leadership Development; the 3 element model: Strategic Imperative/Strategic Choice/Evaluation.
- Coaching and mentoring in the work place
- Structure and utility of leadership development in defence.
- Personality and Leadership.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
When taken as a Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Defence and Security Programme - Leadership and Management MSc
Find out more about short course credit points.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.