This module will evaluate management and leadership theories, identifying strategies to enhance organisational performance.
Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
At a glance
- 26 Oct 2020 - 08 Feb 2021
- 25 Oct 2021 - 07 Feb 2022
Accredited Short Course fee - £1,050
Course structureQuizzes, lectures and podcasts delivered by the VLE with forums, synchronous “drop in” sessions with academic staff and asynchronous debates and forum feedback.
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- assess current management concepts, systems and challenges to the management of (technology, engineering and defence);
- analyse the strengths and weaknesses of selected management theories and practice when developing defence and security solutions;
- debate the comparative advantages and disadvantages of various forms of leadership;
- critically evaluate the linkage between change management and leadership;
- describe the role of language, narrative, communication and rhetoric in management and leadership.
The course will cover the following topics:
- leadership theories and concepts,
- management theories and concepts,
- comparison of management and leadership,
- the relationship between change management and leadership,
- the relationship between decision making and management and leadership approach,
- language, narrative, communication and rhetoric.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.