Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
At a glance
- 06 - 10 Jun 2022
- Duration5 days
Short Course for Credit fee - £1,310
Standalone Short Course fee - £1,750Concessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- Knowledge and appreciation of a broad range of human factors considerations affecting airworthiness and safety,
- Understanding the content and implications of human factors concepts and practice.
- Identify and interpret the human factors aspects of designs and situations,
- Apply Human Factors principles to the design, management and operation of aircraft socio-technical systems,
- Evaluate the relative impact of human factors issues within a systems context.
- Human factors methods, metrics and evaluation,
- Social and organisational HF: socio-technical systems, safety culture and accident/incident causation,
- Cognitive psychology – how the mind works and the importance of this to HF,
- Personnel and training – selection, skill acquisition and retention, training evaluation and effectiveness,
- System safety: human performance and error,
- Design of work stations and user interfaces,
- Human factors physiology - anthropometric measurement, strength and fitness, health, sensory factors and the related design considerations.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.